Job, Career & Small Business Resources
Did you know? The FFL offers one-on-one job assistance appointments! To sign up, call (315) 637-6374 ext. 2. A librarian can help you create a resume, find openings, and more. Here are some resources to get you started:
Resume & Interview Help
- Job & Career Accelerator: Create professional resumes and cover letters, master interviewing and networking techniques, improve your work skills, and prepare for occupation-related exams
- JobNow! Live Assistance: Submit your resume to get professional feedback; chat with a career counselor
- Career OneStop: Resumes: Create or fix your resume; view samples
- About.com: Resume Samples: Sample resumes by field & career level
- Ready Prep Interview: Sample interview questions by job title
Skills Building & Test Prep
- Learning Express: Job Prep: Take practice GED, SAT, AP, civil service, and career-related exams; learn job search skills, learn how to make a great resume. First time? Click “Register” and enter your OCPL library card number as the user name
- Study Guide Zone: Free resources for students, professionals, and anyone else who wants to improve his or her score on a standardized test.
- ETS.org: Directory of tests for a variety of age groups and subjects.
Explore Careers & Schools
- Career OneStop:Take self-assessments; explore occupations
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook: Learn about training & education required for a profession, what a day in the life would entail, & salary info
- NYS CareerZone: The place to explore careers related to your strengths, skills and talents.
- What Can I Do With a Major In…:Browse by major to find related careers
- The Princeton Review:Explore colleges, majors & careers; find the right school, scholarships and aid; prepare for admissions tests