FFL Fab Lab
What is the FFL Fab Lab?
Fayetteville Free Library’s Fabulous Laboratory, where resources are available for making things.
What can I use in the Fab Lab?
Hardware and software for making things! This includes:
- 5 Makerbot Replicator 2 3D printers
- 2 Stratasys Mojo 3D printers (now available by reservation)
- Shapeoko CNC Mill (coming Spring 2015)
- Makerbot Digitizer -3D scanner
- Hobby Cutter Laser cutter & vinyl cutter
- 7 sewing machines
- Hand tools & paper craft tools
- Jewelry making tools
- Knitting & crochet kits
- Professional 3D design software
- And more. See a full inventory list.
How can I use a 3D printer, vinyl cutter or laser cutter?
You must be "certified" before you can use these tools on your own. Please call (315) 637-6374 ext. 2 to sign up for a one-on-one 3D printer training appointment.
Does it cost anything to use the Fab Lab?
No! You can use the Fab Lab for free. We just charge a small amount if you want to use certain materials. Click here for material pricing info!
Can I donate items to the Fab Lab?
What policies and procedures are associated with using the FFL Fab Lab?
- Please view our Maker Agreement for a list of all the policies and procedures associated with using the FFL Fab Lab.
Why a Fab Lab at the Fayetteville Free Library?
Many of these technologies are not accessible to the general public. For instance, there is no other place in New York that provides free and open access to 3D printing technology, which has the power to revolutionize society. The public library will provide a safe and accessible space where anyone in the community can interact, understand and develop through use of the technologies available in the space.