Request a Meeting Room
There are 3 different ways to request to book a meeting room:
- Request a room online
- Call 637-6374 ext. 2
Note: Prior to the meeting, a representative from the group must:
Meeting Room Policies and Fee Structure:
In keeping with the Library’s mission to offer a welcoming place for community interactions, Fayetteville Free Library meeting rooms are available for use for organizational, educational or cultural meetings and programs.
Eligible groups include:
- civic, educational, and nonprofit groups holding internal meetings or open meetings of public interest
- non-partisan events such as a public forum or town hall meeting held by current elected officials
- for-profit groups seeking to rent a room for an internal meeting or event
Excluded meetings include:
- Personal events such as birthday parties, baby showers, individual or private parties, etc.
- Political campaigning or political fundraising activities
- Events requiring payment for admission, or involving the sale, advertising, marketing, promotion of commercial products or services (Exceptions may be made for library-sponsored groups or events)
- Commercial entities or professional practitioners seeking to host workshops, seminars or other free “educational” presentations including, but not exclusive of, financial, estate, health, and/or life coaching or related topics will not be permitted unless sponsored as an official library program and must contact the Executive Director about any request to reserve a library space for an event. If the Executive Director deems that the opportunity offered by an expert provides educational benefit to the public, the FFL may choose to sponsor the event as a library program.
- During such a program, no attempt may be made to sell, at the time of the program or in the future, a specific product or service offered by the entity or practitioner or any other commercial interest. Therefore, the individual or entity offering the program may not hand out business cards or brochures promoting any business, product or service and may not solicit personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) from the program participants, either as part of a pre-registration process or during the program itself.
Priorities for reserving and using gathering places are given in the following order:
- Library sponsored and co-sponsored programs and activities.
- Programs and activities conducted by library partners.
- All other groups (general public); availability is on a first come first-served basis.
- Each group is responsible for its own meeting publicity.
- Banners, literature, photographs or signage may not be placed anywhere in the Library without the Executive Director’s permission.
- Neither the telephone number nor the address of the Fayetteville Free Library may be used for the official address or headquarters of an organization.
- The Library will not advertise or promote any meeting or event unless it is a co-sponsor.
- Unless the Library is a co-sponsor, the following disclaimer must be included in all published materials about the event: The Fayetteville Free Library provides meeting space as a community service. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
- Use of the Library meeting rooms does not imply endorsement by the library staff or Trustees of the viewpoint presented.
- The meeting rooms may be scheduled no more than three (3) months in advance.
- Groups must hold their meetings during regular library hours, with all reservations ending at least 15 minutes prior to the library’s closing time. No organization will be allowed to enter the library before the library opens or remain after the library closes.
- The library reserves the right to decline the usage for any reason and to cancel a reservation with no notice. Groups which support the direct mission of the library will be given highest priority.
- Personal conduct and activities will be subject to the FFL Patron Code of Conduct.
Meeting Room Set Up
- At the FFL, rooms are self-service. Users are responsible for setting up the room’s tables and chairs and returning the room to its original appearance. Library staff will set up any A/V equipment requested in advance if arrangements have been made at the time of application.
Available equipment (Must be requested at least 2 business days in advance of meeting):
Laptop computer DVD & Monitor
Projection equipment Tables & chairs
Meeting Room Fees:
- Non-profit organizations: no fee
- For all other groups, the hourly rates are as follows:
Partitioned community room (Side A - Capacity 69; or Side B- Capacity 35):
Rate Time Length
$75 1-2 hours
$100 2+-6 hours
$300 6+ hours-whole day rental
Full community room (capacity 104):
Rate per hour Time Length
$100 1-2 hours
$150 2+-6 hours
$350 6+ hours-whole day rental
Payment must be received 10 days prior to using the room. Room fees are non-refundable.
Food & Drink fee—There is a $25 charge if any food or drink are served, for ALL groups.